Annual Report 2001
The theme of this annual report is, naturally, one of today's hot security topics: radical-Islamic inspired international terrorism, with the attacks on 11 September 2001 as its unprecedented dramatic climax.
The General Intelligence and Security Service, formerly the National Security Service (BVD), has devoted great energy to this subject and has given it full priority.
Other developments treated in this annual report are:
- Developments relating to national security
- Counterforces in integration
- Politically motivated violent activism
- Unwelcome interference of foreign powers
- International legal order
- Protective security
- Data disclosure and complaints procedures
- Organisation and staffing